My name is Beth Anne Reed and I’m happy to meet you.
I like to learn new things, especially when I can figure out how to connect these new things to those that I already know. I also like to share the things that I know because collaboration is very important to growth. I have a natural inclination to figure out process and use this understanding to strengthen definition and clarity for myself and others. These and a focus on determining intent help me in my written communications.
To communicate well is to create mutual understanding. Writers first must understand the subject that they intend to write about so that they can make an informed decision about the most important components to access the central theme, to develop it and carry it through to a logical conclusion. Writers must also weave in compatible or sometimes conflicting themes in order to give the subject resonance. This is a truth for fiction or non-fiction writing.
And all this must be communicated to the reader, or the whole point is lost. Being capable of creating simple and compelling messages are not out of the reach of any person. It just takes belief and some practice.
I was once able to get a 4th grade young fellow more interested in sports to see that there were aspects of writing that were valid for him.
- Writing tutor for State of OH 4th Grade Writing Proficiency test
- Almost 14 years of day to day business writing as go-to person to craft memos to all constituents and coaching team in appropriate written communications
- 26 years of successful personal business issue resolution through the creation of clearly worded and properly directed correspondence
- Focus on flow, tone and intent plus decent grammatical usage (not perfection)
- Developed real-world writing test to evaluate reading comprehension, critical thinking and writing skills of potential job candidates.
- Education major/English minor at U of IL Chicago
- Strong interest in collaboration and sharing knowledge
(Logo credit to Michael Garro – http://michaelgarro.com/)
© 2016 BAReed Writing | Practical Business