I think that my brain might be freezing up this long winter. I’ve tried to start a few new posts and they are all now waiting for me to find a way to finish the ones that are worthy and dispose of the ones that aren’t.
So perhaps I can at least conjure up a list of pleasant things to while (or wile, if you prefer) away some hours rather than wishing them away for some better weather:
- A good book, a mug of tea, and my cozy fleece throw (in a fine shade of green to remind me of seasons to come)
- A marathon session of Sherlock on Netflix
- A leisurely soup and sandwich lunch with a friend
- Slowly and calmly putting a space to rights (and not thinking about how long it may stay that way)
- Learning something new, or getting better at something
- Perusing a map or atlas – to remember a trip, plan one or trace a historical event
- A game with my sons and daughter-in-law, perhaps Settlers of Catan
- A hot as I can stand it bath with great scents, some music and a good book or magazine
- Normally, writing would fit on this list…
- A look through old photo albums
I think that I need to add a new craft to this list perhaps, or revisit an old one. Maybe getting some ideas from people in the blogosphere will help me out. What would go on your list? If you put any outdoor activity on the list, do give a compelling argument why, please.
© 2014 BAReed Writing | Practical Business, All rights reserved