The older that I get, the more I like the fact that we have set aside a national day for Thanksgiving, for gratitude. I only wish that we paid a bit more attention to this opportunity instead of focusing so much on the sales that now overwhelm this holiday. In honor of Thanksgiving later this week, here is my list of a few things for which I am thankful, in no particular order. And certainly not complete.
- Kitten is feisty and eating and getting a bit more adventurous.
- Much of my immediate family is gathering for the holiday, it will be good to see both my brother and sister’s families. I only wish my older son and daughter-in-law could make it.
- Plenty of interesting things to learn.
- I’ve had some good opportunities at work this year.
- All my friends and family.
- Good books to read.
- The chance to write regularly.
- Chances to share stories and experiences.
- Whenever I feel like humming or bursting into song
- Coming home to a dinner that my son has created
- Christmas lights sparkling in the too early dark (yes, even the ones before Thanksgiving – I am more forgiving of the home décor than the demand to shop)
- Coming across a forgotten favorite – photo, song, book…
- Sitting around and chatting with friends
- Offering or being the recipient of random acts of kindness
I hope that each and every person who comes across this post has a long list of things for which you are thankful this season.
© 2014 BAReed Writing | Practical Business, All rights reserved
Tagged: Gratitude, Holiday, Life, Purpose, Thanksgiving
Cutest kitten ever, and I love your list. Have a wonderful holiday.